Whale watching on Senja island in Northen Norway
Whale watching has became one of the main reasons tourists visit Senja island in winter. Usually from around December until February (or beginning of March) we have big populations of killer whales and humpback whales coming to Mefjord to feed. They are attracted with lots of herring that stays in Mefjord over the winter. Last year we also observed a small population of fin whales, the biggest of all three.
Everyday in January and February 2018
Whale Safari with our brand new Deluxe Boat
— Small Groups —
daily tours in January and February
Please take a look at one of the guest videos made on Whale Safari around Mefjord Brygge
Aurora Skycam TV
Wildlife Observations Worldwide
Killer Whales and Humpbacks by Jonas Olsen
On your visit you are very likely to see whales also from the shore and the boat usually offers closer encounters. With regard to taking pictures, being on the shore offers better stability for long shutter speeds.
Some of the trip can be done by yourself, you can also book activity with us or go for our best value package, where you are most likely to experience the best that is possible in a given time of the season.
Our suggestions for your whale experience:
- Many of our guests like to combine seeing whales with Northern Lights and other Arctic Experiences. Here you can book our best value package
- You can also book only whale watching safari — send your request to email@example.com or using the contact form below. The sooner you book the easier will be to join one of our whale-watching groups.
Normally we have two versions of Whale Watchig Tour
- Standard Tour (includes guided tour and expedition clothing): NOK 1195 per person
- Deluxe Tour (also includes lecture about whales and lunch): NOK 1595 per person
- Do you need accommodation?
For a full list of activities and accommodation options please refer to our price list